T.D Eamon Ryan has just announced €63.6m of funding for Greenway projects in Ireland.
Never before has a government allocated so much to Greenway infrastructure in Ireland. This allocation will be a huge help to communities all around Ireland.
The success of the Waterford Greenway is proof that Greenways are a great resource for communities, local economies and public health.
A significant amount will be allocated to the Great Southern Greenway. Limerick County Council are currently looking to upgrade the Green to bring it up to a modern standard. Once upgraded the greenway will connect Rathkeale, Co.Limerick to Listowel, Co.Kerry.
Other projects that will hope to share the greenway fund.
- Cork, Midleton-Youghal €10,000,000
- 2020 – €8,800,000
- Galway, Clifden- Recess €3,350,000
- Kildare, Grand Canal Aylmer Bridge to Sallins €2,930,000
- Kerry, Tralee Fenit €3,440,000
- Kerry, Listowel to Limerick County Boundary €4,540,000
- Mayo, Great Western Way expansion €5,150,000
- Offaly, Grand Canal Daingean to Lough Boora €1,660,000
- Wexford, Waterford- New Ross €9,000,000
- 2020 – €6,210,000
- Wicklow, Blessington Loop €6,400,000
- 2020 – €8,358,000
- TII , Galway- Athlone €8,100,000
- South Kerry Greenway €1,400,000
- Galway Moycullen €1,800,000
- Offaly, Daingean to Edenderry €3,100,000
- Limerick, refurbishment of Great Southern Greenway €2,500,000
- Longford Canal Greenway €172,000